Monday, November 27, 2006

New Shirts on the Line

new shirts on the clothesline

Here are the menswear shirts I've made in the last week. As three of them are relatively bold plaids, I tried some of the plaid-matching tips I accumulated earlier. The one that made the biggest difference for me was using a walking foot. I was able to avoid those annoying quarter-inch mismatches at the center fronts. I submit these nicely matched fronts, and their vintage buttons, for your inspection. This is probably the only time the shirts will be buttoned, as I usually wear them over a tee shirt or thin sweater, as a jacket. These were all recycled, flea market or otherwise salvaged fabrics.

center front button band center front button band on plaid jacket wool jacket, center front and button

No comments: