Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas, 1908

Here's a Christmas card my grandma received 100 years ago. She was 24, single, living with her parents on their farm at Williamson. Williamson consisted of her uncles' store and Williamson Hall, a community center still used for dances and reunions when I was a kid. By 1908, Williamson no longer had a post office, and her cards were addressed to Prescott, Iowa.

The text of the card: Front: A Bright and Happy Chrstmas from Margaret to Florence. Back: Florence Williamson, Prescott, RFD #3, Iowa. Postmark: December 22, 6 PM, 1908, Prescott, Iowa

2 comments:

Larry said...

That's just so charming, Rebecca! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Brett Hendrickson said...

Neat! I wish I had these sorts of things from my family.
It's so interesting to me how handwriting (and accents) have changed in so few years.