Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Famous West Virginians

I've had a posting hiatus, but not for lack of time spent writing. I have a dozen posts started based on my recent Appalachian readings. They're interesting (at least to me), they're on topic, and they're just darn depressing. I haven't hit much lately (either on the bookshelves or on the Internet) that has been upbeat.

For that reason, I'm going to share with you an interesting, well-maintained, unpretentious Web site I found some time ago: Jeff Miller's West Virginia Pages. A native of Beckley, Mr. Miller has obviously put much work into this presentation, and addresses West Virginia place names, history, and government. My favorite section is the Famous West Virginians Pages. It lists "famous West Virginians -- people who were born in or lived in West Virginia." I'm just working my way through the alphabet.

No comments: