I'm learning about Drupal modules, and what sorts of things you can do with a Drupal website. Everything I read tells me the "Views" modules are sine qua non, but that's where they stop. I'm trying to find out why the views modules are so useful, and what I might be able to do with them.
Same goes for Drupal's "Taxonomy." Drupal tutorials say it's wonderful, then they explain what taxonomy means, and then they stop. Now, as an insect taxonomist, I've got a good grip on what taxonomy means, and why it's wonderful, and I understand the various types of taxonomy they discuss. But how can you actually use the taxonomy capabilities? What can you make for readers/viewers? Here are a few things I've been reading on these topics.
- Drupal Taxonomy Tutorial, especially the section called "Pathauto Module and Taxonomy"
- Basic Drupal SEO: On-site Optimization
- Drupal Views and Taxonomy Pages - updated. what I'm looking for: a way to display posts by vocabulary, in addition to displaying posts by vocabulary term. There is another important module, Drupal Views, that does provide ways of displaying data objects such as posts (nodes) in any number of ways.
- Creating a Custom Home Page in Drupal Using Views
- Moving the Login Block to a Separate Page in Drupal