Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Belated "Details" Project For Take It Further Challenge

Back in March, I posted about my plan for SharonB's March "Take It Further" Challenge. I am learning or trying a new skill or technique for each month's TIF challenge--that's my interpretation of "taking it further."

March's topic was "noticing the details. I started several things, but eventually, I settled on adding lace insert details to some underwear I'd planned to sew.

It's taken me a while to get them finished, but here are some of the details I attended to in replenishing my lingerie drawer. Sometimes details are quite simple--a pretty print matched with some plush picot-edged elastic looks sweet.

The stretch lace, spandex fabric, and picot-edged elastic look as though they were bought for each other, but lace and elastic both came from "grab-bag" mail order supply bargains, and the fabric is what's left of a ready-to-wear knit top that didn't fit well.

This blue lace seemed too sheer for a cut-away effect, so I left the white fabric behind to emphasize the delicate pattern.

White stretch lace on blue tee-shirt jersey calls more attention to these details.

OK, now I've got some clothes I needed and one very late project completed. It's on to the April, May, and June "Take It Further" challenges. I've got big ideas, and a little time to catch up. Thanks SharonB, for the inspiration!

No comments: