Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Procrastination Is the Thief of Time

I've discovered that chemistry is a lot more interesting than I thought it was when I was taking courses in college, or when I was struggling to acquire lab skills ASAP in a series of different government research facilities. It makes all the difference in the world to have time to think about the subject. That is, once again, what I don't have enough of. And yet, I find myself putting off writing my lecture notes for Thursday night. Here are some suggestions for things to do instead of chemistry "homework."

  1. Search the Internet for useful and informative Web sites concerning chemistry. (See Monday, December 4 post)
  2. Write blog posts reminiscing about college days.
  3. Write lecture notes, homework, and exams for math and Information Technology classes. (The text for the math course is called "Math and Meds." How many times have you wished you had some meds to go with your math?)
  4. Notice that the kitchen is increasingly cleaner and more orderly. How is this happening? Could this be because those short breaks for tea and snacks are not so short after all?
  5. Make mental lists of sewing pattern alterations you'd like to try, socks you need to knit, recipes you need to write down.
  6. Blog about procrastination.

No comments: